Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Stuff...

As I lay in bed this morning, listening to my youngest s-daughter butcher O Come All Ye Faithful just enough for me to know she hadn't realized that all the F were supposed to be played sharp, I was thinking about Carlotta's On Cloud Nine.. seriously. And I get a really great one picked out!! I don't play every Wednesday, BUT I knew I just HAD to play this Wednesday. This photo makes me THAT happy!!

Before that, though. I get out of bed, grab my phone, and start looking at my Google Reader to see if she posted yet. She had and she did bokeh!!! Well, that's ok.. we'll just have the same kind of picture that makes us happy today.

I call ( K ) into the dining room and tell her to bring her book too. So, I ask her a couple of the fingers, and look up the finger for F#. I start playing and let her watch me do it, then she does it, and I correct her finger a couple times. Then I tell her to go get the other recorder (yes we have two that are played OFTEN). We proceed to play together. She messes up... I mess up... we get confused. She looks at me and says "Momma, how do you know how to play the recorder?" Honestly... I don't know.. except maybe because I played clarinet and tenor saxophone all through school. What she doesn't know is that when she gets her flute next year I'll be learning it too!! Can't wait. So, now she is in her room practicing and trying to get it right.

This is all before 7 AM, mind you. Oh, to go back to the days when I didn't have to be up until 8:30. Nah.. just kidding. I was lonely then.

So, back to Carlotta. She does On Cloud Nine every Wednesday. Just put up a post on your blog containing one photo that you've taken. You can add as much or as little text as you would like along with it. After writing your post, go here to link up (and yes, that is a copy & paste from her blog with a slight change... what? Its EARLY!)

Don't forget to grab her button and check out other peeps photos. Leave some comments and love. And have FUN!

Here is mines....


5 comments:

carlotta cisternas said...

This post seriously cracked me up. I'm not sure why, it just did. And I'm sorry I stole your bokeh shot...great minds think alike, no? ;)

Momma Morgan said...

exactly what i was thinkin!!

Marta said...

Hi Marta ! This is the other Marta, yes the one you've just visited... Thanks for stopping by and for your comment. It's quite funny the story you explain about our name. Marta is common in Spain, what I thonk it's not so normal is that name in English, is it? Anyway, it's been nice meeting you. I invite you to my other blog about country decoration, I think you may like it: www.eraseunacasa.blogspot.com.
Besos from Spain ;O)

Marci said...

This is the 1st time that I have linked up to On Cloud Nine and I did a bokeh shot too before I even decided to link up lol..'tis the season for bokeh, I guess! I love yours..so colorful and there's so MUCH of it! My eyes thank you :)

Michelle said...

wow, that is so pretty :) I really need to try and get some christmas bokeh!