Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Day in the Life....

This week, I woke up at 5:30. Why, you ask? I thought I smelled pancakes. I walked in the kitchen thinking maybe I would find my husband setting out short-stacks. No such luck. He was cooking down some okra, though. Now, why did my brain turn that smell into the smell of pancakes? The world may never know!

Anyways, moving on...

This morning after all the girls got on the bus and left, my husband and I went to his friend's land. He has a crawfish pond and a duck blind there. My husband was going to help him out and dig a trench and put a levee around the blind so that it wouldn't fill up with so much water. Of course, I had to bring my camera with my new lens attached. I think I got some really nice shots.

some random weed

pretty pretty


I LOVE THIS LENS!!

The front wheel of the crawfish boat*

hard at work (that's the duck blind buried about four and a half feet deep)


he had to bale out water that had filled it up


setting up the blind to camouflage it



the finished blind..



it was freezing cold. I even brought my favorite blanket

never in my life have I been so happy to see this!!!

None of these photos have been post processed other than being resized. I love this lens and I will have to practice a lot more, but I am definitely enjoying it!!!

2 comments:

Amy Nielson said...

wow, your shots are GORGEOUS. what lens is it? what camera do you have?

Momma Morgan said...

Thank you so much! I have a D3000 by Nikon and this was taken with 35mm 1.8.